You can make a powerful difference in our University’s future by including Clemson in your estate plans.
Establishing a legacy by including Clemson as a beneficiary of your estate plans will impact generations of Clemson students, faculty, and staff by enhancing learning perpetuity. Generally, assets are used to establish endowed funds that can be dedicated to support Clemson in the way that follows your estate plan instructions. Our Planned Giving team will quickly and confidentially provide gift illustrations and the language needed to ensure your wishes are realized. We are here to serve you with expertise and partnerships as you explore the impact you can make at Clemson today, tomorrow and forever.
IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
USE YOUR IRA TO PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR STUDENTS
NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE A LASTING IMPACT
Create the possibility to shape and advance a Clemson student's future by seeing your generosity in action. If you have an IRA and are 70½ or older, you may donate tax-free from your IRA in direct support of student scholarships as well as other university initiatives.
Benefits of an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution
- Allows individuals 70 ½ and older to transfer up to $100,000 annually from an IRA directly to a qualified charity.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- You pay no taxes on the transfer.
- Your gift to Clemson will make a meaningful impact upon the lives of our students.
How an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution gift works
- Reach out to your IRA plan administrator or account custodian to make a gift from your IRA to Clemson University. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our University to help continue our important work.
- You may designate your gift to support the area of greatest need or you may designate your gift for a specific purpose. Please contact us to discuss your options.
- To benefit this year, make your Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) gift before December 31st.
Throughout Clemson's history, the generosity of individuals and families like yours has enabled the University to keep pace with the ever-changing needs of our students and ensure Clemson's tradition of educational excellence.